When was the last time you had your clothes dryer vent professionally cleaned? At All Seasons Chimney, we have found that many of our customers do not even realize that they should even have their dryer vents cleaned by experienced and trained technicians. Our customers are shocked to learn that the United States Fire Administration stated that, between the years of 2008 and 2010, approximately 2,900 clothes dryer residential fires were reported to fire departments each year in this country. These fires led to five deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 million in property loss annually. The biggest cause of these clothes dryer fires was failure to clean the vents. Not only does professional dryer vent cleaning prevent a dangerous fire, it can also save you money and prolong the life of your clothes dryer. We would like to tell you more about the importance of dryer vent cleaning by answering some frequently asked questions.
Why can I not just clean my dryer vent myself?
The majority of your dryer vent is hidden from view and confined inside your walls, floor joist, crawl space, or attic. Even though your dryer lint trap does gather lint, that amount is typically only 60%. The other 40% goes through your dryer vent system. Lint tends to accumulate in the twists and bends in the venting system. To thoroughly clean your dryer vent system, the entire system must be accessed to ensure all lint accumulations have been removed.
It is clear that a professional dryer vent cleaning can prevent a residential fire. What are other benefits of having this job done by the experienced technicians of All Seasons Chimney?
When your dryer vent system is dirty and clogged with lint, it can take longer than normal to completely dry a load of clothes. You might even have to run your clothes dryer twice as long to dry one load. This can add up to high utility bills as well as wasted time waiting around for your laundry to be done. Additionally, using your clothes dryer repeatedly for longer than normal causes its components to wear out faster, which can cost you money in expensive appliance repairs. If you ever have to dry your clothes for more than one cycle, you should call All Seasons Chimney to schedule a dryer vent cleaning.
Do dirty dryer vent systems pose other hazardous risks?
A clogged dryer vent system does run the risk of leaking toxic gases like carbon monoxide into your home. If your vents are clogged with lint, there is no way for anything to escape to the outdoors. Especially if you have a gas-powered clothes dryer, a professional dryer cleaning can greatly reduce the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Need to schedule your annual professional dryer vent cleaning? Contact All Seasons Chimney to make an appointment with our trained and experienced technicians.