Let All Seasons Waterproof Your Chimney
Water has no business being inside your masonry chimney. Unfortunately, much of your chimney may be susceptible to leaks and water damage, which can end up being incredibly expensive to repair. Whether or not you use your chimney, we recommend having it professionally waterproofed to protect your home from water damage. We often see leaky chimneys manifest themselves in areas other than just the chimney. For instance, we find that many of our customers with leaking chimneys complain of stains on the ceilings and walls adjacent to their chimneys.
Why Waterproof A Chimney?
- Your chimney’s masonry will be protected from water penetration for a decade following the professional application.
- Your chimney will be protected from efflorescence, stains, mildew, and fungus.
- Your chimney will benefit from the added freeze and thaw protection.
Have questions about chimney waterproofing? Just ask!
How To Prevent Chimney Leaks
Though we’re focused on waterproofing on this page, there are lots of other important ways to prevent water from getting into your chimney. After all, if you have a masonry chimney without a crown, it won’t do you much good to waterproof your masonry, since having a chimney without a crown is like having a house without a roof.
Depending on the condition of your chimney, the type of chimney you have (masonry or prefabricated), and the source of your leak, our technicians will likely recommend a combination of one or more of the following to prevent chimney leaks:
- Installation of a chimney crown or a top-sealing damper
- Installation of a chimney cap
- Installation of a chase cover
- Masonry repair or tuckpointing
Call us at (845) 567-1217 or click here to schedule an appointment with an All Seasons pro who will promptly address your chimney needs. We provide free work estimates for our customers throughout the Hudson Valley area.
Repairing or replacing the flashing around your chimney may fix your water leak, so ask us for more details today.