Use Our Virtual Chimney Assessment
In an effort to deliver the highest level of service to our customers and keep everyone safe, we are offering virtual assessments. With this, we can use images that you upload of your fireplace and or heating system chimney system to provide an initial report of the work that needs to be done with no pre-inspection appointment necessary!
In order to do this, we need to be sure that the images you provide contain the necessary information. Please view the images and read the tips below regarding specific images and angles that we need to provide you with the best assessment possible.
Step 1 – Fill Out The Form
Fill out the below form to receive an initial virtual assessment of your chimney system. *Know that this virtual assessment of your fireplace, chimney, or any appliances is not to be confused with a National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) regulated inspection. Once you have provided us with the necessary information, we will move on to step 2.
Step 2 – Share Our Assessment
One of our certified technicians will look over the photos you have provided and put together an initial report of identified problems and necessary work.
From here, we will most likely recommend that you schedule a service call to fully inspect your system, or a no-contact service call with us. This will be step 3.
Step 3A – We Perform An In-Home Inspection
In order to perform an NFPA inspection and verify the safety of your fireplace, we will need to gain access to your firebox and any other parts of your heating system, such as boilers, etc. In order to do this, we will need to enter your home. When we enter your home, we will be taking the following safety precautions.
- We will be wearing face masks and gloves for the entire appointment.
- We will maintain distancing from you of 6 feet or more, and ask that you stay in a different room while we perform the inspection.
- We will lay down clean runners and drop cloths from the front door to the fireplace.
- We will be sanitizing our equipment between each use.
- We have installed handwashing stations on each of our trucks, and we will be washing our hands before and after every job.
After we have performed our inspection, we will go over our findings with you at a distance. Depending on the condition of your system, we may ask if you wish to start with necessary repairs during the same visit, or schedule repairs for another visit. Our report will be emailed to you and you will be able to make any payments online.
Step 3B – No Contact Service Call
If you would like for us to perform masonry work or other exterior chimney work, we can schedule a no-contact service call. The process will look like this:
- We will arrive at your home at the scheduled time range. We will call you to let you know that we have arrived and will begin with our evaluation. We will not need to come into your home.
- We will perform our exterior work and also perform an in-person evaluation of your chimney flue(s) from the top of the chimney, dropping our chimney scanning camera down the chimney to assess the condition of the flue tiles.
- Once we have completed our masonry work and assessed the length of each flue in the home, we will compile a report in our truck.
- After the report has been compiled we will email you the report and give you a call to walk you through the work that we completed and any problems that we found. Please note that performing repairs to the exterior of your chimney and assessing your flue tiles cannot speak to the full condition of your system and we cannot guarantee it’s fire worthiness without a full system inspection.
- Our report will be emailed to you and you will be able to make any payments online.
Let’s Get Started
We’ll need at least one picture of each of the following parts of the chimney. After reviewing the examples, please fill out the form below.
- Picture of the fireplace standing back.
- Picture of the firebox standing close – the interior of the firebox.
- Picture looking up the flue with the damper open – see up behind the damper and see the flue tiles.
- Picture of the exterior of the home – of the whole chimney from top to bottom.
- Any pictures of problem areas.
Please fill out this form to receive your virtual assessment!